View Full Version : Questions from a High School Student
November 25th, 2012, 07:03 PM
Hello, Mister King. My name is Shayla and I am a high school student doing a report on you. I am aware that the Internet has lots of rumors and things that aren't true, so I wanted to ask you for myself about some of these things.
1. What are your favorite books?
2. What other interests/hobbies do you have?
3. Do you have any famous friends or friends that are writers?
4. Are you still working for Doubleday & Co?
5. Are you for any causes (like breast cancer, etc.)?
This question has nothing to do with my project, but I just want to know,
Do you have a book club? If so, how can I sign up?
If you don't want to answer any of the questions, feel free to skip it. Thank you in advance!
November 26th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Stephen doesn't respond personally but I'll try to answer as many questions as I can for you in my capacity as his personal assistant.
1. His favorite book is Lord of the Flies.
2. He reads voraciously, likes watching movies, plays the guitar, and plays tennis as just a few of his other interests.
3. Yes, lots. :smile2: He's even been in a band (http://www.rockbottomremainders.com/) with a few of them.
4. Simon & Schuster is his current primary publisher but in between that and Doubleday, he published for many years with Penguin.
5. Stephen and his wife, Tabitha, are regular contributors to the American Cancer Society. Stephen helped create The Haven Foundation (http://thehavenfdn.org/) to assist freelance artists in need. The Kings have a private non-profit organization set up to help support organizations in Maine focusing on community-based initiatives (e.g. literacy, community service, and the arts) and provide scholarships for Maine students seeking a secondary education. It may not be a "cause" in the sense that you inquired about, but they consistently donate large sums of money to Maine communities.
The Stephen King Library is operated by Book of the Month Club. Click here (http://www.stephenkinglibrary.com/) for more information.
November 26th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Ms Mod, if my son is ever doing a report or project on someone famous, I hope during his internet search he finds a personal assistant like you. :)
November 26th, 2012, 10:20 AM
MsMod, your capacity as SK personal assistant is totally awesome and spot on!:y::y:
king family fan
November 26th, 2012, 11:26 AM
Yes Ms. Mod has come to the rescue. Great assistant. Hope you have good luck with your report.
November 26th, 2012, 06:25 PM
...you forgot to mention the complimentary kitchen tours....
November 26th, 2012, 08:50 PM
Thank you :) I'm glad I don't have to look up this stuff on the Internet and find things that may not be true.
November 27th, 2012, 02:13 AM
Excellent description Ms. Mod! I know I am not famous but I was certainly a High School buddy of Stephen (over 1000 lunches together.) We walked home together on the railroad tracks often, and had Grades 7th - 12th together. My current project is combining five major translations of the Bible into one very workable format. Frank
November 27th, 2012, 11:01 AM
(over 1000 lunches together.)
...all at one time???:eek2:...
December 3rd, 2012, 11:01 AM
not all in one sitting....lol ..... no, was over our 6 years of school (not all six years just in High School, lol)... i loved my ice-cream sandwich lunches. (did you see my heaviness when I was characterized as "Vern" in the movie "Stand By Me"? Frank PS: all 5 into just one
December 3rd, 2012, 11:21 AM
Cool to have you on the board, Frank!
December 5th, 2012, 11:31 PM
...all at one time???:eek2:...
January 17th, 2013, 03:02 AM
Amen... please pass the gravy!!! Oh, if you ever talk to Stephen, ask him why my name related to our Senior High School English class together (with "Uncle Mert")?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.